This post is Day 24 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge. Post about the challenge on social media using the hashtag: #THNblogchallenge. (You can view all of the challenge prompts here.)
Blogger collaborations are a great way to get noticed online. Not only will you be able to work alongside another amazing blogger (or bloggers), but you will both be exposed to new audiences, attracting new readers to your sites. You can share your expertise with a whole new group of people who might be looking for someone just like you. And you just might find your blog best friend! Now, there are many ways you can team up with another blogger to create something awesome. I’m sharing a few ideas you can pitch to a blogger friend yours!
7 Blogger Collaborations to Get You Noticed
- Guest posting. Writing a guest post for another blog is probably the simplest of the blogger collaborations you can do, but one that is still very effective. Guest posts allow you to get your writing in front of a new audience and get new readers to your site. It’s a good idea to get in a few guest posts around the time you’re launching a product so you can get more people checking it out! Or if you’re heading off for vacation and don’t have enough content to keep your readers busy, invite your favorites to guest post! (Guest posting tips coming soon!)
- Webinars. I’ve seen many bloggers partnering to do webinars together lately. (And even doing Periscope broadcasts together!) Video content is great because it allows your readers to get to see another side of you, instead of always just reading your content. And if you’re feeling nervous about doing a webinar, it can be great to have someone else hosting with you. Webinars are perfect for promoting new products and services and you can each offer a discount to viewers who purchase both at the end!
- Interview someone. Another one of the simpler blogger collaborations is to reach out to someone you look up to in your field and ask for an interview. Not only will you benefit from the thoughts they share with you, so will your audience! And your interviewee will likely share the interview with their audience, which gets more traffic to your website!
- Create a podcast. Have you been wanting to start your own podcast? Get a blogger friend in on the action. Two heads are better than one, right?
- Run a giveaway together. You’ve probably run a giveaway on your blog before, but have you thought about turning it into a collaboration? You can each pitch in to purchase a prize for your readers or reach out to a brand to sponsor it. Then, you can run it on your own blogs through a Rafflecopter giveaway or create a loop giveaway on Instagram. It’s the perfect way to reward your readers!
- Create and sell a product. Share your knowledge with the world by creating the most epic of blogger collaborations: join forces to create and sell an eBook or e-course. Of course, if you’re doing something like this and money is involved, make sure you draw up an agreement and split the profits 50/50 to avoid any issues down the road!
- Form a blogger network. Find a blogger in your area and work together to form a network of other bloggers you can meet and connect with. Or if you don’t know of anyone in your area, create a blogger network of others in your field. This is a fantastic way to meet new people and could spark many collaborations down the road.
How can you work with another blogger? Pick one the the awesome blogger collaborations listed above and pitch the idea to someone you’d love to work with! (Tips on pitching a collaboration are coming up next, so be on the lookout!)